Tuesday, October 11, 2011

RSS Reflection



Well as I stated in my earlier post I had incorporated the Occupy Wall Street movement into my assignment with social media and add just few subscriptions to my earlier list. The flow of information was astounding. I have also made an attempt to stay on my earlier thoughts but the most interesting educational base feed was by far The Innovate Educator

In one of  the author's recent post Five Reasons I'm Not Flipping Over The Flipped Classroom, discusses some concern regarding a quick adaption to Flipping Classes. A Flipped classroom is where a teacher would record their lectures to be viewed at home on a computer, then use the time “in class" time to complete assignments that would normal be the students homework. The author notes concerns about sending students home with homework and the different technology gaps in students homes.

At first I thought was that it was a great idea and I still think that. I think that sending the lectures home and doing the work in class is how it should be. Allow the students who want to listen, a chance to do so in their own home. If a student missed something during a lecture, they could simply go back and listen again. The other aspect of doing the “homework” in the classroom allows the teacher to walk around interact the students in small groups or one and one. The students could also be encouraged to work together in groups and help each other.
I guess this was heavily discussed a year ago or so, but being new to the EdTech discussion I think it’s pretty cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment